Monday, December 9, 2013

Cheesecake Factory Copycat Crusted Chicken Romano

I absolutely love this dish at Cheesecake Factory.  Unfortunately, now that I know how to make it, I rarely order it.  My go to order at CF is the Chicken Farfallle Pasta.  I have that recipe somewhere too.  I'll have to make it again so I can put down on paper the amount of seasoning and ingredients I use. The Crusted Chicken Romano recipe is so easy!

Serves 4-6

Ingredients:
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 stick of butter
1 cup of Romano Cheese
4 tablespoons of heavy cream
Cooked spaghetti noodles
1 lemon
1 cup of bread crumbs (homemade in a food processor or store bought)
2 eggs
Flour
Salt and Pepper
1 16 oz can of tomato sauce
Parmesan cheese to top pasta

Directions

  1. Set up 2 shallow dishes with the following in each:  Scrabled eggs for dip, bread crumbs and Romano cheese mixed
  2. Slice the chicken breasts half wise to make it into two thin pieces.  Use a meat pounder (flat side) to flatten chicken to about 1/4 inch.  Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper
  3. Coat the chicken with flour.  (I usually just put the flour in a large ziplock bag and give it a good shake to coat all chicken).  
  4. Coat each chicken piece with egg, then cover with the bread crumb mixture
  5. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add about 1 tablespoon of butter to coat skillet.  Add chicken pieces to skillet and cook about 5 min on each side or until it is lightly golden brown.  Juice a bit of lemon on each side of the chicken.  
  6. Heat up tomato sauce in a small saucepan.  Add in cream until it reaches an orange color.  
  7. Serve chicken with a side of spaghetti with sauce and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the pasta.  

No comments:

Post a Comment