I recently made these for a baby shower and they were quite the hit! One of the guests commented that she preferred it over the cake! This recipe is super easy too.
1 box of frozen puff pastry (thawed)
1/2 pound of strawberries thinly sliced or 1 container (about 1 cup of blueberries)
1 packages of cream cheese softened
6 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of vanilla
1 beaten egg for brushing
Powdered sugar for dusting
Make the cream cheese spread
1. Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla (electric stand mixer is best)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
1. Unwrap the frozen puff pastry and cut into rectangles. When you open it up, they will already be sectioned into long rectangles. Just cut them in half crosswise.
2. Lay the puff pastry onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Using a fork, poke holes in the pastry so it can soak in the cream cheese spread.
4. Using a pastry brush (or spoon if you don't have one), brush the outer rims of the pastry with egg (about 1/2 inch)
5. Spread the cream cheese mixture inside the rim of the pastries.
6. Place sliced strawberries or blueberries on top of the cream cheese spread.
7. Bake in oven for 15 -17 minutes.
8. Sprinkle some powdered sugar over the pastries and serve!