Breaded Asian Pork


I love having a food processor and I love experimenting with new flavors I can add to my protein.  I found myself getting bored with the same old recipes involving chicken.  I wanted to branch out and experiment with a lot of different flavors by creating my own glazes, sauces, and rubs.  When I threw this dish together, it came out surprisingly delicious.  I hope you enjoy it!  Love having Kyle as my guinea pig.  I know not all of my recipes have pictures but I promise to upload them when I cook them again, which will be soon! There are some grocery items that you must always have on hand in your fridge and in your pantry. Here is a list of what I always have in my kitchen on top of staples such as sugar and flour:

Milk
Bread
Plain bread crumbs
rice
butter
EVOO
heavy cream
Green onions
White or yellow onions
Garlic
Tomato Sauces, Diced tomatoes, Tomato paste
Chicken Broth, Beef Broth
Chicken Stock
Corn Starch
Rice Wine Vinegar

Ingredients

2 lean thick cut pork chops boneless (about 1 inch thick)
1 cup of bread crumbs
1 tablespoon of Hoisin Sauce
2 tablespoon of soy sauce
2 teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup of green onions chopped


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. In a food processor, pulse together the green onions, vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce until consistency is like a runny paste.  
  3. Brush all sides of the pork with the sauce and cover with bread crumbs
  4. In a large skillet, over medium high heat, brown the pork chops until the bread crumbs are a golden brown.
  5. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes
  6. Serve with ginger rice

Recipe for Ginger Rice

2 cups of steamed rice
2 tablespoons of minced ginger
1 carrot thinly sliced and julienned (short and thinly sliced)
1 tablespoon of white rice

  1. In a small skillet, melt the butter and add in the ginger and carrots.  Toss and heat for about 5 minutes
  2. Mix the ginger and carrots into your steamed white rice


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesecake Factory Copycat Crusted Chicken Romano

Crawfish, Sausage, and Shrimp Etouffee

Better than Cracker Barrel Chicken and Dumplings