Linguine and Prawns in Pesto

I had a dish similar to this in Rome and it inspired me to make it at home.  I actually saved the restaurant's location on my iPhone maps.  I am hoping that when I go back to Rome, I will be able to find it again.  I know for sure it is on a small side street behind the Louis Vuitton store; and you know I will be stopping by there on the way!  I have to say it was the most beautiful LV store I've ever been in. They even served us expresso in Louis Vuitton shot glasses.  By the way, designer handbags are definitely cheaper there than in the U.S.  If you are planning on spending more than $500 it is worth the extra effort and paperwork.  At the store, you tell the cashier that you need to get the paperwork for the VAT.  You get a refund on a portion of the tax once you are the airport on your way home.  When we were departing from Rome, there was a booth inside after security where you get your  money back in cash.  Before you get in line at this booth, you need to go to the office to validate or stamp your paperwork on your purchases.  We heard that the lines could be long but we had no problems at all and it only took us about 20 minutes, so do allot time for that.  

Linguine and Prawns in Pesto Sauce

Ingredients

1 package of linguine pasta
1 6 oz container of Pesto sauce
1/2 pound of shrimp deveined and chop into chunks
Butter/margarine
1/4 cup of pecorino Romano cheese
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
Parmesan cheese to top

1.  Boil pasta according to package directions to al dente, strain, and reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water (make sure you time it so that the pasta is still hot because you will mix everything together)
2.  In a small skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter and sauté shrimp until opaque; set aside
3.  Return drained pasta to pot and pour enough pasta sauce for pasta to have a "slippery" consistency
4.  Using some tongs, toss in pesto sauce, cheese, and shrimp
5.  Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and serve


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesecake Factory Copycat Crusted Chicken Romano

Crawfish, Sausage, and Shrimp Etouffee

Better than Cracker Barrel Chicken and Dumplings